So here are my adventures and experience all summed up in writtings pictures and me rantings. Enjoy :)

Friday, May 04, 2007

man what to say

Today is the count of 10 weeks being away from home..wow.

If I could have imagined where I am today, in body spirit and soul I would have never guessed here, even close to here. God has stretched me so much these past 10 weeks. From my time in Guatemala, seeing old friends and realizing time really doesnt change that place very much. Sure it was missing some of the old crew, but I will always call Guatemala my second love. Even in those 2 weeks God opened my eyes to the life he has been ready for my to live for years now. I decided I am ready to move on, grow up and get ready for the rest of my life.

Then arriving here in Honduras I got settled in after a month and started finally un packing my bags. Having my own space and really own schedual I was ready to start this time. With energy in my bones and spunk in my step I thought I could take on anything.

Then 2 just two weeks ago we were hit with the biggest challenge of my life. Having to personally deal with the lose of Virigina and still day to day thinking about it, I had to pick myself up, dust myself off and put on the face of joy making it possible for these kids to get through it. With no one here but God to comfort me I finally gave into his embrace and took it for what it was worth, a great lose in all our lives, but joy in hers. She had had the hardest little life for a 5 year old girl. And I praise God for making her her last year on this earth her best. She smiled lots her last year, hugged many people, drew many drawings, sang many songs and touched many lives. While she was with us we called her our little angel, and that is what she is today. I still cry for her, and miss her everyday. Its not the same around her with her little laugh echoeing through the halls and her endless songs ringing in my ears. I miss her a lot!

Now pushing on to these next 7 weeks my heart aches to know whats to come. I pray God continues to challenge me even though I dont want it, but its worth it all. I want to come home a different girl, I want to come home wiser and stronger in my faith. God is Good...he will answer both these prayers. Praise God.

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home