So here are my adventures and experience all summed up in writtings pictures and me rantings. Enjoy :)

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I am here

Well this will probably the only time in my life I have been away from my computer in almost a week.

I arrived here in Roatan on Tuesday, and life is good and really HOT!! Sorry no pics yet, I left my camera at the orphanage today. Well I'll give alittle run down of what it is I've done and will be doing here.

So everyday I wake up at 6:30 and get in a taxi to the orphanage. I am staying at the church, which is really a hotel. The church bought the property which includes 20 rooms in the hotel, a kitchen, a cafe they recently opened and the church. On tuesday when I arrived I was given my assignment, Jeffery. He is the youngest kid at the orphanage, he is 20 months old. Before I arrived he was being taken care of basically everyone when they had a free sec. Now jeffery has me 100%, which is really what he needs. I wake him up, change him, dress him, feed him and spend the entire day with him. Its nice that he needs a 3 hour nap everyday because thats really the only free time I will ever get while I am down here. My whole day is take up by him for the other children, which is why I came down here, so its great. While taking care of him I also help with the other kids, help make breakfast lunch and dinner and basically do life with them.

Its really busy, but I love it. There is another girl here, Kate. She has been here since december and we are already really good friends. We spend the whole day just mainting the house and all that goes along with it. She will be leaving in 2 weeks, and I will have even more things so do.

Today we actually have the day off, and we will be filling it up for sure. In a bit we will head of the go swimming the snokleing in the reef. The reef is right off the side of the dock all around the island, so not complaining there. The view is amazing everywhere!!

I have already fallen in love with the island, and once again I have a new home.

Pray for strength!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, it sounds wonderful and it sounds like you will be very busy! You will surely know how to take care of a two year old when you get home.

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home