So here are my adventures and experience all summed up in writtings pictures and me rantings. Enjoy :)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

BIG NEWS

Some of you may or may not know I am planning another trip down south, and by south I mean Central America. The next trip I will be undertaking will be to Guatemala and Honduras. My time in Guatemala will be short compared to the time I will be spending in Honduras, but it will be significant.

I will be flying out in March some time, not sure when. I will be arriving in Guatemala and spending two weeks or so there re-connecting with friends and enjoying the short time I will have with them.

I will then be bussing to Honduras, which I know sounds scary, but its not at all. Once I arrive in Honduras I will have to take a ferry for one hour to arrive in Roatan Honduras, my new home for 4ish months.

I will be working at an orphanage, basically being involved with everyday things with the children. It is a small home of 17 children. It is run by a couple from the states who have been in Roatan since 2000. I am very excited and scared at the same time. This is something I have always wanted to do, yet I am scared out of my mind. It is going to be really hard to leave my home here, with my friends, family and Sean all here. Its going to be a struggle, but I will get through it. Come on I spent 6 months away last year, this will just fly by. Here's hoping.

If any of you are intresting in knowing more about the orphanage, you can check them out at this link ( www.csiroatan.org )

I will be starting my campain to raise support in the next month. If any of you are intrested in supporting my time at the orphange you can e-mail me at mik_girl@hotmail.com

Till next time :) XoXo.

3 Comments:

Blogger emma said...

wow!!! sooo awesome kim!!!

3:25 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

Hey lady - you need a new post. You need to call me and come over some day. We should do something as a family next week for your birthday because you are doing the friend-thing on the real day :)

Miss you! Feel like I haven't seen you since Bellingham (actually that is about right)

Email me :)

Sara

7:18 AM

 
Blogger Sara said...

My last post still stands - you need a new one.

Tell those folks at Red Robin that you are taking an extended lunch break today to update your blog!

It was nice to see you on Saturday - hope you made it to work on time.

By the way, I know it's 11 weeks, but it's still a SECRET! :)

7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home