So here are my adventures and experience all summed up in writtings pictures and me rantings. Enjoy :)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In denial

I dont know why is hasnt it me yet. Maybe it's because of the christmas season and everyone is hyped up on that. Today is exactly 2 weeks untill I leave....like seriously! that is BIG...why hasnt it hit me yet? I thought at this point it would. So here is the run down of my first couple weeks in Gautemala.

Our first couple weeks there are gonna be a big change from my life now. We start with orientation, not only do we have to get to know eachother, we have a whole city to get to know. We visit the market the first day to see the culture up close and then we head back to the college. We get pushed right into our classes starting with a week of intense Spanish classes...como? During the first 2 weeks we also visit different churches in the area. On about the 3 week we move into a Guatemalan home, near our school. Then for that week we walk back an forth to school and live completley in the culture of Guatemala. Wow, what a busy 3 weeks. The end of January consists of "missionary boot camp" which I do not like the sound of..just kiding. Then we get our first break and drive to the Pacific Coast, where we surf and do all that fun stuff. This is gonna be an amazing trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger emma said...

1) I'm soooo excited for you!! I can't wait to read all your blogs of your experiences there. You're going to do amazing at the 'missionary bootcamp' hahaha! And you're spanish is going to get so good!! woot!

2) did I just read SURFING! ? !

wow! !!! !!! !!

see you Friday!

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home